As we are officially in summer finally, everything you should know about outdoor rugs are almost in this blog. Whether you want to spend your time in your patio, balcony, on your deck or next to your pool, our outdoor rugs are more than a good-looking rug. It’s functional, durable and affordable at the same time. When you place our rug on your deck, good news, you won’t have to sacrifice your deck that you’ve probably spent a good amount of money on! Furthermore, it will add and reflect a piece of your character into your garden. So, boost effect and positivity of the summer baby.
Is it OK to put an outdoor rug on a wooden deck?
Firstly, the outdoor rugs that trap in water will definitely damage wood decks. For instance natural fibers such as jute and sisal will trap in water. However, since our outdoor rugs are made out of polypropylene, that is a great material for outdoors as it is fade and stain resistant, won’t give any damage to your wooden deck.
Can you leave outdoor rugs outside?
Our outdoor rugs are water and weather resistant. Simply put, they barely absort water, they dry a lot quicker after getting wet. Thanks to these characteristics outdoor rugs can be left outside and stay outside even in the rain.
Is a polypropylene rug waterproof?
Because of its ability to absorb, polypropylene makes for a great waterproof outdoor rug. Furthermore, it will not grow mold or mildew when exposed to water – strengthening its durability. It means it won’t damage your patio or cause any smell.
We might have to spend a lot of time when trying to decide on outdoor furniture and items. As much as our indoor pieces should be completing and in harmony with another, an outdoor rug should take on the same functionality. So, before and after buying, you should make sure you are ticking all the boxes. Down below, I will shortly list some of the basic points about what you should and NOT do:
- Do find an outdoor rug style/design that will compelete your outside decoration.
- Do use a rug pad with your outdoor rug.
- Do measure your space and be careful about the size and shape you imagine.
- Do choose an outdoor rug that accents the space it’s going to inhabit.
- Don’t directly bring your outdoor rug into your indoor space; you might need to get rid of the dust and residues first.
- Don’t be afraid of being brave when choosing an outdoor rug that has vibrant colours. Besides colours, repetitive or different patterns as well can be ideal
- Don’t forget to measure your space before buying or have a look at our size guide on the product page.
Alright folks, these are the the quick and important information for outdoor rugs.